- Written by isa
So what are Site Shapers? They are quick installs of WordPress combined with all the plugins, content, etc used on our demo, excluding stock photography. Within a few minutes you can have your site up, running and looking just like our demo. No more importing SQL dumps and installing plugins. Just head on over to the download section of this template and grab a Site Shaper. Simply install the Site Shaper like any other WordPress installation, it's that easy!
How to set up a Site Shaper
Note - please read the entire tutorial. If you already know how to install WordPress then just install the site shaper just like a regular WordPress install, if you don't know how to install WordPress continue reading.
- 01Log in to your cpanel or your server admin panel.
- 02Locate the area where your databases are (usually labeled Mysql Databases)
- 03Create a new database
- 04Next create a new database user and assign it to this newly created database in the previous step
- 05You will then need to extract the site shaper to either a folder on your server or the root directory such as WWW. NOTE: if you already have a website in the root of your WWW folder, we suggest creating a new folder and extract the site shaper there. If your cpanel does not have an extract option or you cannot find it, you may also extract the contents of your site shaper in to a folder on your desktop and upload all the files via an ftp client to your server.
- 06Next, navigate to the url where you extracted the site shaper via your web browser.
- 07Continue through each screen until you reach the below screenshot:
- 08At the above screen be sure to enter localhost as shown, continue to fill in the following text fields with your newly created database and username information
- 09Follow through the rest of the site shaper setup, and the installation is complete!